Pages

Thursday 1 October 2009

Genestealer Brood Complete.

So with a bit of painting last night and half an hour this evening I have managed to finish the second part of my first Genestealer brood.


I think they look good all together even if they lack detail on an individual basis. Because the Genestealers lack any real carapace I was worried there would be too many flesh tones but there seems to be plenty of other details on them to break this up. They also fit in nicely with the rest of the army so far, so I'm a happy with them.




3 comments:

  1. Hi I really like your tyranid scheme have always been a big fan of Kraken. Could you give us a tutorial on how to do the red carapace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, I will try and post a tutorial with picture's. In the meantime the carapace is done as follows.

    Baset coat - Red Gore
    1st Highlight - Blood red
    2nd Highlight - Blood red/Sunburst yellow
    3rd Highlight - Blood red/More Sunburst yellow
    4th Highlight - More Sunburst yellow

    The highlighting will look quite extreme but give a final (heavy) wash of Baal red which will tone it all down and stop the highlighting looking so extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like the flood

    ReplyDelete