Pages

Friday 17 June 2011

Mycetic Spores

With Games Workshop currently not having a model for Mycetic Spores, a while back I bought a few "Mega Bloks - Plasma Hatchers" cheaply on Amazon. The idea was to do as little work as possible but still look good and fit in with the rest of the army.  These toys fitted my requirements perfectly.

Knowing that somewhere down the line that GW may well release a Mycetic Spore model I didn't want to spend a fortune or too much of my time on completing them. I bought 3 of them and paid about £3.00 each, so it's no big deal if I ever need to replace them with an official model. 


I glued some polystyrene to a CD and shaped them into a crater with sandpaper, glued the Plasma Hatcher in place and glued sand to the crater the same as I would a normal base. From there I undercoated and painted in my normal colour scheme.




Overall I am more than happy with the finished product considering the time and money spent on them.


In the games I have played so far using Mycetic Spores they have performed quite well. I prefer to keep them cheap and not give them any weapon upgrades. My favorite load out being 15-20 Termagants with Devourers, they have been a bit of a glass hammer so far and usually end up dying the next turn but with 45-60 strength 4 shots they usually wipe out their target. The opponent see's them as a high priority target from then on which is fine by me as they have already earned their points back and any further fire they take gives my other units a break (Trygons).

2 comments:

  1. Like this idea so much I am stealing it this weekend. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. Be sure to let me know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete