Pages

Friday 7 August 2009

1st Brood Completed.

So I completed my first brood from the Battleforce Boxset. I decided to start with Termagants as I figured I'd probably end up painting a fair few of them by the time this army is finished, plus they are the cheapest models from the boxset and if I wasn't happy with the colour scheme it wouldn't be such a big deal.

I decided to go with Hive Fleet Kraken as my colour scheme (or my version of it at least). I like the fluff behind this hive in the codex and the colour scheme is quite organic and natural, I'm not a fan of skittle nids.
For a test Brood I'm happy with the results, bearing in mind these are just Gaunts I didn't want to spend too much time on them and have gone for table top quality scheme that looks nice when they are all together, even if the quality lacks on an individual basis.

As you can see the quality of each individual model is not that great but when they are all together they are nicely uniformed and look good enough, as I've already said I'm looking for a table top quality army and with this colour scheme and painting method I hope to be able to not spend too much time on each brood but still achieve an overall coherent and crisp looking army.

I will post again in more detail another time as to what my actual steps and colours I used to were to achieve this end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment